NOTE: Due to my busy publishing schedule, I am not currently accepting new editing clients.
“Alyssa is exactly the type of editor I like. She is passionate about great writing, gives very thoughtful critiques, and acts as a coach in every aspect of the editing process.” —Trent D. Shrock
I work with Sherpa Editing Services, a collection of five writers, editors, literary agents, professional writing graduates, and industry insiders who offer quality editing for incredibly low rates. We think professional editing should be affordable.
- managing editor at Mountain Brook Fire
- former associate literary agent at Cyle Young Literary Elite
- former publicity manager at publisher Mountain Brook Ink and Mountain Brook Fire
- former acquisitions team member and content and copy editor at Mountain Brook Ink and Fire
- B.S. in professional writing from Taylor University, summa cum laude
- hundreds of bylines in local and international publications
- multiple writing awards, including 1st place out of 20,000 entrants
- agented and traditionally multi-published author
- edited dozens of unpublished and traditionally published manuscripts
If you are interested in discussing a sample edit, please reach out through my contact page with “Editing Query” in the subject line. I would love to work with you to make your manuscript shine!
“Alyssa is highly technical in her grammatical review, identifies the weaknesses in the manuscript in a way that reveals her deep level of engagement with the story, and offers great suggestions for improvements in the story arc. She also has great suggestions about everything from character development to which publishing houses or agents might be interested in my story. I am grateful for her thorough coaching as I seek to become a better writer.” —Trent D. Schrock
“I contacted Sherpa Editing to get development edits for my manuscript and was very impressed with the results. They gave me detailed feedback that showed me how to take my story to the next level, giving advice based both on their editing knowledge and their own experiences with book publishing. They also provided their edits in a timely manner and used a very efficient payment system.” – Gabriel Connor Salter
Questions? Check out our FAQ.
Sherpa Editing Services